Thursday, January 07, 2010

The man from H.O.R.S.E

Athletically speaking, I am not gifted enough to do well in sports that involve controlling a ball (like football soccer and basketball) but I do have some ability in sports that involve maneuvering the ball with a flattish object (cricket, tennis, racquetball, to name a few).  The only time you will see me on a basketball court is if I am playing H-O-R-S-E (sometimes D-O-N-K-E-Y or A-S-S, depending upon the skill set (or lack thereof) of my friends and I).

In this game, the goal is to make a basket and if your opponent is unable to duplicate it under the same conditions, then he gets ascribed a letter.  And it goes on until one of the players is the animal of object.  For years my trumpcard has been a get-out-of-jail shot I make with some regularity that is best described as...well, let me allow LeBron James to show you how it is done.  (Of course, I do it with a lot more élan and for a lot less adulation).

No comments: