Thursday, September 10, 2009

RIP: Amy S.

Like most people, I have a pattern to my 'Net surfing. For quite some time, one of my regular stops was to a blog maintained by an Australian cricket fan. I enjoyed reading her diatribes and discussions on the more irreverential aspects of the game. And then, a few months ago, she stopped blogging. Breaks in blogging are not uncommon (look at how often I tend to disappear from here) but it got a bit too long.

Yesterday, I found out why, and it made me very sad. Amy S died in a car accident a few weeks ago. It is strange that a person who I never knew personally and who did not even know I existed (as I never left a comment on her blog) could have had such an impact on me.

Rest in Peace, Amy. I am one of many folks who will miss you.

No comments: