Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Selling celluloid

(Note: This is a re-post of an earlier entry, updated with another video of a TV interview (in two parts) at the end of the post).

When you get two people to sit down in front of a camera, ask them questions, and let the camera roll, after a while their personalities come through. With their movie My Name is Khan on the horizon, Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol are doing the rounds.

This is the first time I am seeing a long, unedited, full-fledged interview of either of them and I like the way the interview plays out. After a while, especially in the second part, their real personalities (and mutual comfort level) comes through quite well. SRK and Kajol talk about their camaraderie, their choice or roles, and lots of other things. Fun stuff.


After watching the interview, am I intrigued enough to see the movie? I am still in the maybe-possibly camp, but I am more inclined than I was half an hour ago.



Here's part two:



This is what the fuss is all about:



Update: In an interview with Jonathan Ross, SRK does a great job of coming across as charming and humorously self-deprecating at the same time. It is a two part interview worth watching if you like SRK.

Here's Part 1:


Here's Part 2:

No comments: