Saturday, October 31, 2009

Changing labels

A few weeks ago, after much procrastination, I began a time-consuming project on my blog. One that has taken me well over a month and a half to accomplish. Discerning readers of my blog will have noticed it by now. If you haven't, scroll up and down the page and look at the posts and the sidebars and you will know what I have done.

(I shall wait while you do that)

Tap....tap.....tap....

Tap....tap.....tap....

(Okay, time's up).

I added "labels" to every post of mine! Labels are tags that link postings that are related to each other (or at east how they relate to the labels in my mind) . On the right-hand side, in the sidebar, immediately after "Recent posts" you will find all the labels that I put on my posts, in alphabetical order.

So, for instance, if you want to see all the posts I have written that relate to MS Dhoni, you can simply click on that tag and it will take you to them!

I have been meaning to do this for months, and only in the recent past did I diligently set aside 10 minute a day or so everyday to do it. 600-odd posts later I have finally caught up!

So if you like certain topics and want to read more posts of mine on that topic, you now know what to do. Happy surfing!!!

(Help!!!! For some reason, Blogger.com only lists the most recent 20 posts under labels, without giving options to scroll older posts. Does anyone out there know how I can tweak the blog HTML code to ensure that all the posts under the labels can be seen? Until then, intense grr-dom prevails.

Okay, took care of that issue. Thank goodness for the Internet and helpful folks. One nice plus to the blogging business is that I am picking up some HTML on the side. Whodathunk it?!
)

No comments: