Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Yesterday once more

From the far reaches of youtube and the inner recesses of my mind comes this flashback to the super-90's. While surfing the web I stumbled upon this song, and immense nostalgia abounded. In typical Bollywood fashion, the incongruity of the wedding singer being allowed to prance about untouched while he states his case, while gyrating in synch with identically dressed back-up dancers, is not even worth mentioning. If you are the hero, you are allowed such transgressions! After all, true love is at stake.

(By the way, whatever happened to Ronit Roy, who eerily reminds me of Hrithik Roshan here? Ah, the always reliable imdb.com has the necessary information.)



And while at it, the following song from Meri Jung was the rage for Javed Jaffrey's dancing, but I never got to see it. Now, almost 25 years later, I finally saw what I had missed. Whodathunk it?!

Once you get past the initial awkwardness, Javed's dancing isn't too bad, is it?

No comments: