Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Where he walks...

The authors that engage me with their books change with time and taste. In the past couple of years I have been a big fan of Lee Child. Not too many people would have read his books as they are categorized as contemporary thrillers (actions, violence, guns, fights, etc). But the reason I read them is that I identify a lot with the main protagonist - Jack Reacher.

When I first discovered the books, I fell in love with them so much that I immediately bought all the books in the series. Recently, the 12th book in the series titled Nothing to lose was released. For a few hours it was fun to be back in Reacher's world. To promote the book, Child has been giving various interviews and is on a book singing tour. The New York Times had a nice piece on the author and his books. Also, here's NYT's review of Nothing to lose.

I have an awful lot to say about Reacher but, for now, I choose to say nothing (sorry, that's an inside joke that Reacher fans will get). Send me an email if you want to know more about him.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would like to send you an email to know about Reacher... but where do I send it?

Jaunty Quicksand said...

Leave a message with your email address and I shall contact you there.