Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Sing me a song

I always have a song playing in my head. I wake up humming, I go to bed humming, and during the day when I am working I often realize that I am humming (or lately, whistling) to myself. And songs jump into my consciousness with no apaprent rhyme or reason. Mostly.

And sometimes songs long forgotten are restored in the mind, perhaps triggered by other events. For the past couple of days a Patty Smyth song (featuring Don Henley) that I have not heard in a decade has taken over; particularly these haunting lyrics:

But there's a danger in loving somebody too much
And its sad when you know its your heart you can't trust
There's a reason why people don't stay where they are
Baby sometimes love just ain't enough

1 comment:

Aruna said...

hey! i hum this song very often and its one of my favourites!! what a coincidence!!!!!!!!!!