Sunday, March 21, 2010

This...IS...the Spartan!

Every College or University in America has a mascot (or so it seems).  For a long time we did not have one.  Recently, to the great joy of the students, Leonidas was introduced to them.  The identity of the (wo)man inside the costume is a closely guarded secret.  

A couple of weeks ago, Leonidas visited the Biology department.  The students were taking an exam so if the reception seems a bit subdued, it is because of that.  Watch till the end...I promise it will be worth it.


3 comments:

Ashok Varadarajan said...

CSM,

How long do I know you???

Your walk and your hand position and body movements are so typical. You don't believe me but the moment you picked up the marker, I know its you.

Nice try!!!!

PS: Its like the comedy scene from Vijay's movie "pokiri". Will update you with the video once I get my hand on the youtube link.

Ashok Varadarajan said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFk3IPkB9uk

Jaunty Quicksand said...

Haha! AV/BRB, I see what you mean. I don't doubt that you would have guessed it was me. By the way, didn't the left-hand writing throw you off? It confused my students a lot.

(Initially, when I was watching the video I got confused with the Vijay portion ass I did not see how it was relevant...then it became clear.)