Sunday, January 31, 2010

Speaking engagement

My admiration for Roger Federer knows no bounds. With less than 15 minutes to go before his latest attempt at a Grand Slam championship (in the Australian Open against Andy Murray) I have just enough time to put up the post-match interview conducted on-court by Jim Courier, moments after Roger dismantled J-Wilfried Tsonga in the semi-final.

Not only does the fellow produce outstanding tennis, he is the antithesis of a typical sportsperson interview - he is candid, charming, funny, revealing, and, above all, respectfully entertaining.

2 comments:

Buck said...

Thanks for the running commentary on the Federer-Murray tie.

I stayed up long enough to watch Leander Paes and Cara Black win the Mixed Doubles title.

That was satisfying enough for me! :)

Jaunty Quicksand said...

B, you are most welcome.

Re Paes: What?! You got to watch it on TV? When did they show it? Aaarrgh! I can't believe I missed it.