Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Eyes wide shut

Knowing that I will be up most of the night watching India play Sri Lanka, I thought I would catch a few hours of sleep but there are two other Test matches going on at the same time. Ricky Ponting and the Aussies are wading into the overmatched West Indians while New Zealand are "visiting" Pakistan in New Zealand.

I watched Ponting bat till lunch and then switched to the New Zealand match. And a good thing I did. My favorite and the world's fastest bowler, Shane Bond, has come on to bowl and is as fast and as menacing as ever. He just bowled a ball at 151kmph. Oooh! This is Test cricket at its best - a bowler thundering in, the batsmen jumping around.


Dean Kozanic/The Press

Bond is back! Thank goodness that ridiculous ICL-related ban is done and dusted with.

No comments: