Monday, October 19, 2009

Tempest in a teacup?

Say what you will about his movies but Ram Gopal Verma does have interesting premises for his movies. His blog is constant source of amusement for me and on it he gave us a look at his latest offering Rann featuring the ubiquitous Amitabh Bachchan.

RGV's movies have been hit and miss for me. I enjoyed Kshana Kshanam, thought that Sarkar and Shiva had their moments, was ambivalent about Rangeela and Company, while I absolutely disliked RGV ki Aag (and blogged about it here).

His latest offering seems interesting enough to make me want to see it when it comes out.

2 comments:

Leela said...

I enjoyed Kshana Kshanam ... maybe it was the casting. Sridevi and Venkatesh were superb!

Jaunty Quicksand said...

L, that is my absolute favorite RGV movie. I can recite the dialogs and is one of a very few Telugu movies I can watch again and again. There's just the right amount of naughtiness about the movie, like the actors and director were actually having fun making up things as they went along.

The casting of Sridevi and Venkatesh was just perfect for the roles.

Bridge enduku kattaru? Teliyadu, saar.
...
Luck ante ila undali