Saturday, September 26, 2009

Celebrating with linen

I began this blog exactly 4 years ago with this post.

Last year I provided some stats about the blog. Here are the updated numbers for the blog:
Total number of posts: 628

Total number of posts written by guests: 14

Total number of site visits: 7,270 (definitely more than half of them are mine!)

Total number of photos used: 318

Personal photos where someone’s face can be seen: 32
I have not been writing this blog for me, but rather for you.  As time has gone by I have tried to be more personal in my writings, opening windows into how I think.  It has been a fun process and one that I intend to continue for years to come.

I am not an accomplished writer, nor am I an experienced blogger.  One of my inspirations has been Amit Verma's India Uncut. Recently, on the anniversary of his blog, Amit provided some tips for bloggers. Here are the tips in condensed form:
  • KEEP IT CRISP
  • DON’T SHOW OFF
  • ASK YOURSELF WHY YOU ARE WRITING YOUR BLOG
  • WHO ARE YOU WRITING FOR?
  • ADD A LITTLE OF YOURSELF TO THE POST
  • BE REGULAR—BUT DON’T FORCE YOURSELF
  • DON’T BE SCARED TO TRY NEW THINGS
  • USE PROPER ENGLISH
  • USE LINKS
  • DON’T TREAT THE READER LIKE A FOOL
  • NEVER GET PERSONAL
  • DON’T BETRAY CONFIDENCES
  • DON’T CLUTTER YOUR PAGE
  • USE PICTURES
  • DO IT ONLY IF IT’S FUN

No comments: