Friday, April 17, 2009

For the record

A few of you have asked me privately about this and I want to go on record:

I will not write about the IPL Season 2, just as I shunned writing about season 1. I shall only do so when they start treating all cricketers the same - whether they belong to the ICL or not.

I cannot believe how long they have been allowed, with the backing of the BCCI, to run roughshod over the right of so many cricketers around the world. Every time a Board steps up and seems to be taking a stand (Sri Lanka and Pakistan come to mind right away) they disappoint me by then cowing down to the pressure exerted by the BCCI.

Shameful.

P.S. And this piece of news simply makes my resolve much stronger.

3 comments:

Viswanathan said...

I am not a big fan of the politics involved either. However, some of IPL matches are good.

Jaunty Quicksand said...

Ottayan,
It is not the cricket that I am objecting to. It is the blatant shenanigans of the BCCI and the IPL that I have a problem with, especially with regard to the ICL

Viswanathan said...

JC,

I am disappointed with the way BCCI have treated the ICL players.