Monday, November 10, 2008

Parallel vision

One of the best features of JK Rowling's writing is her ability to describe places and people in a few, short sentences. The reader's mind then fills in the rest of the details.

For example, here is how she describes Severus Snape:
His eyes were black like Hagrid's, but they had none of Hagrid's warmth. They were cold and empty and made you think of dark tunnels.
When the movies came out, the vision of the movie-makers was quite different from what I had in mind, and after the first movie I have begun treating the movies as a separate entity in themselves.

The first preview of the next movie - HP6 - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has been released, and I cannot wait for next summer to roll around. It does not look anything like my imagination, and there are many scenes in the preview that do not exist in the book but I don't care - it looks good and it looks like another blockbuster is on it's way. See for yourself:

No comments: