Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Salutations

When Sachin Tendulkar crossed Brian Lara, a whole nation (and more) heaved a sigh of relief. Many articles written about the latest Little Master were dusted off and printed.

Here's Sunil Gavaskar's thoughts on the boy he called Tendlya. Of particular interest to me is the last sentence in the article.
And don't you dare call it quits until you have the World Cup for India in 2011.
Anil Kumble discusses the man behind the runs, ending with this thought about Tendulkar that does not surprise me one bit, especially considering some of the personal anecdotes I have heard about the person from people who have met him.
On a final note, while Sachin and I haven't had too many conversations over anything else but cricket, I've always admired him greatly.

No comments: