Sunday, October 26, 2008

Reasons to Sing

Dew on leaf blades and velvety grass
People with personality and a touch of class.
Rainy days in summer when it gets really hot
Or finding something that I've given up as lost.

The smell of fresh paper and petroleum is heavenly
But not everyone takes to them so readily.
Freshly cooked rice, a starlit night
The glow of dawn in refracted sunlight.

The monotonous clip-clip of a moving train
As it glides towards destinations again and again.
The rush of adrenaline just after take-off
But then some air-sick people might, at this, scoff

The sound of my echo in the distance
And the chanting of hymns in genuine reverence.
The rustle of the newspaper as I read some good news
And the sound made on stone floors by leather shoes.

I could go on like this all day long
Recounting things that make me break out into a song.
But deep down inside me is always the thought
That the thing I treasure most is the freedom I've got.

- CSM

No comments: