Saturday, October 25, 2008

Come again?

Matthew Hayden, in his latest interview is in a very magnanimous and forgiving mood:
Zaheer Khan was fined for giving Hayden a send-off after he was dismissed in the second innings in Mohali. Harbhajan’s celebrations were not muted, but there was no ill-feeling despite the history between the two players. "Why wouldn't he [Harbhajan]?" Hayden said. "If I was bowling I would be doing exactly the same thing. I am planning on doing the same thing. I harbour no resentment or hard feelings at all about anyone on the Indian side. It's good competitive, hard cricket.”
If that was the case, why did Hayden complain that Zaheer Khan said something to him when he was dismissed?

What happened to the age-old "what happens on the field stays on the field" philosophy? Or does it only apply when you are the giver not the givee? Please spare me the hogwash.

No comments: