Thursday, September 11, 2008

Shiny new toy

Yesterday, I discovered Google Chrome, which was released to the public very recently.

Since the Google search engine and email systems (Gmail) were far superior to the ones that were available at the time they were released, I am guessing this will be good, too. I have downloaded Chrome and have been using it since then. I am still feeling my way around the browser. I have not found a way to sort bookmarks (which I was able to easily import into Chrome from Internet Explorer). When it imported the bookmarks it did so in an alphabetical manner and I had to re-sort the links in the order I wanted them, which took some time.

So far, it seems to be doing all the things a typical browser does. But it is so spanking new, there are many websites that have not designed add-ins and software specific for Chrome. If this browser catches on, as I think it will on PC's, I don't think that will be the case much longer.

If you want to know more about Google Chrome and did not where to look, click here. The site gives you various tips on how you can use Google Chrome and what are some of the pitfalls of the program.

3 comments:

Frank said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Frank said...

hello Chintamani Manish,
i am the webmaster of Web Talk.
thanks for showing a link to my blog regarding Google Chrome! keep reading my posts for more news! by the way nice blog. i like the pictures you took at the Simmons Conservation Park and Wildlife Safari !!! greets

Kerry! said...

Hey Manish! I was online and Googled your name. :) Nice pics and blog! If you want to see the ESA pics, I have them here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kwixted0/sets/72157606621629064/

Take care,
Kerry