Thursday, September 25, 2008

An ode to laundry

Warm clothes from the dryer and neatly folded clothes.
Fresh, clean linen, is indeed therapy for the soul.
Many do it infrequently, since for them it is a chore
On par with work and other tawdry things that bore.


I wasn't always like this, my friend, I must admit
But once I discovered washers/dryers, I exulted quite a bit.
Ching-ching is the musical sound of the quarters entering the machine
And scant minutes later (or so it appears) the clothes are so clean.


Don't tell me that isn't magic; what else can it be?
It is definitely on par with anything conjured by Houdini.
Life's simplest pleasure can be summed up this way
Heavens be praised - for today is laundry day!


Wait a minute! I need to step back and do a re-think.
Lest people conspire to send me to a shrink.
Errr, yes, laundry, ummmm yes, what was that again?
I agree with you wholeheartedly, doing it is a pain.


What kind of a moron would praise his chores?
Must be someone who's walked into one too many doors.
Normal he isn't, I completely concur with you.
Now, please, please let me go, I forgot to separate the whites from the blue!

- CSM

No comments: