Thursday, January 10, 2008

Captain's Corner - Take 0

After covering the 2007 PCA season in considerable depth, the only thing left on my agenda was to review each WVUCC player's performance. However, to my considerable pleasure, Sohail Chaudhry, the captain of WVUCC, has shared his impressions of each player, and I shall reproduce them here. For the next few posts, I shall hand over the blog to Sohail and let him talk about each player (along with player ratings for the 2007 season). Here is Sohail, in his own words, setting the stage...
I hope all of you are enjoying the post-season break. Well! I wanted to do this for sometime now but never got the time for it. However, Manish's match reports and comments have motivated me to do something I always wanted to do post-season; analyze our performances for WVUCC.

I think that this team did not get the praise and appreciation which it truly deserves (even though Manish has done an excellent job covering the matches).

I am going to give a rating to each and every player who played games for WVUCC this season. Now, I am not as organized as Manish when it comes to statistics and numbers, but I will present my opinions on different players in our team and the league overall from the way I observed these players. I will be looking at each player from a captain's perspective and how beneficial each player was for the team
and in what way. What were the strengths (both technical and mental) of each player and what were his weaknesses.

Since no man can judge his own performances without being biased, I will excuse myself from this exercise. I mean no insult or offense to anyone I criticize and I hope that I don't hurt anyone's feelings. So sit back and enjoy reading what your captain thought of you this season.

No comments: