Monday, March 13, 2006

It's a bat, bat, bat, world

The Australia-South Africa run-fest is being hailed as the "greatest ODI of all time". On Prem Panicker's blog, one of the other "posters", Manish Verma, has a very valid point to make. His post on this issue has this little nugget, which reiterates what I had touched touched upon earlier:
How can this game be the best ever, if the bowlers literally had nothing to do? Would anyone have given a similar title to a game where a top ODI team got out for 110+ and then got the opponent out for under 100? Even if it meant scintillating bowling from both sides?

He makes a fantastic point. All the people who have announted this game with the GOAT tag may have a hard time answering Manish's question.

1 comment:

Kartik Kannan said...

Hi,
I am Kartik Kannan at Sulekha.com (www.Sulekha.com).
I had the opportunity to see your latest blog post. I found it really interesting, and so would anybody at Sulekha blogs which brings me to an offer I would like to make to you to substantially increase your blog's readership and popularity.
By creating a parallel blog on Sulekha Blogs, you can dramatically boost the number of people viewing your posts, commenting on them and connecting with each other. All you need to do is give us your approval (Reply to this mail with a YES) so that we can feed your blog posts via RSS into your customized blog page on Sulekha.
I eagerly look forward to seeing you on Sulekha!

Kartik Kannan (kartikk@sulekha.net)
Team Sulekha
I blog at www.katchucrap.blogspot.com
http://kartik.sulekha.com