Tuesday, January 31, 2006

It's Yesterday Once More

The website cricinfo (self-proclaimed "Home of Cricket on the Internet" and the world's biggest single-sport website) recently launched "Cricinfo Magazine", a print version featuring lots of columns, interviews and reports. I subscribed to it and received my first copy yesterday - and loved it!

Apart from all the interesting articles, it has a feature that is missing from mainstream American sports magazines such as Sports Illustrated or ESPN-The Magazine. In addition to providing a report of the games itself, Cricinfo included the box scores (scorecard) with the article. Growing up in India, I remember reading Sportstar and always liked the scorecards as it gave me a chance to view what happened during the course of the game more clearly.

I collected every Sportstar for almost a decade during my high school years. I look forward to doing something similar with Cricinfo.

4 comments:

Aruna said...

hey! i love sportstar too!! would wait to see the advt to see whose poster is going to be featured on the upcoming issue!!! used to religiously collect the posters and sportsmen (mainly cricketers!!) used to adorn my wall (much to my mom's dislike!!!)for a very long time!!! ahem! those days.............

Jaunty Quicksand said...

My wall was full of those posters, too. I wonder if they are still there or whether my mother has removed them now that I have been gone for so long. Should ask her...

Aruna said...

Does cricinfo mag bring out a poster with each issue?? if so, then u shd collect them as well...maybe one day your kid will cherish it as a great gift from dad!!!

Jaunty Quicksand said...

No, unfortunately, Cricinfo does not have posters. So far they appear to be more interested in articles, rather than photographs.